UNLOCKED MAY CLOSED
UNLOCKED Professional Development round
Opens 27 April 2021
Closes Thursday 13 May 12noon
Murray Arts is launching another round of the UNLOCKED Micro-funding program for 2021. There are two types of grants available:
UNLOCKED – mini
- A single payment of $500 to individual artists to spend on professional development for their creative practice.
UNLOCKED – mega
- A single payment of $2 000 to collectives of local independent creatives to work together on professional development for their creative practice.
All artists and creatives who live or work in the Murray Arts footprint are welcome to apply.
What do we mean by professional development and what can I spend the funds on?
This round of UNLOCKED is all about investing in your creative practice and learning. What is it that you can do or what is it that you need to help refine/expand/improve your practice? You may want to undertake some training, or pay a mentor to work with you. Perhaps there are some books or key pieces of equipment that you need to take your work to the next level.
If you are applying for an UNLOCKED – mega then you need to tell us how the professional development will benefit all members of the collective.
This UNLOCKED round is open now and closes noon Thursday 13 May.
Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 21 May.
Invoices will be received for processing from Monday 24 May.
You will need to complete your funded day or activity end of July 2021.
After the activity is completed, successful artists will be required to submit an image, short video or audio, or brief summary about the professional development, and you will be invited to an artist forum to share your learnings.
Applications are evaluated by a panel of Murray Arts staff and a member of the Cultural Roundtable community. Every applicant will be informed of their outcome.
The following criteria will be considered when applications are assessed:
- Impact of the professional development on the artist’s creative practice or business.
- Potential for the professional development to have an ongoing benefit to the artist, collective or the community.
- The UNLOCKED program is open to artists who live, work and connect with the Murray Arts local government areas of Albury City, Greater Hume, Federation Shire, City of Wodonga, Indigo Shire and Towong Shires.
- Our definition of an independent professional creative artist is someone who earns an income (primary or supplementary) from their creative practice. You will need to have an active ABN.
- Applications are welcomed from all mediums, including visual art, performance, circus, dance, design, music, film, sculpture, creative education, writing, and technical art.
- If successful you will need to invoice Murray Arts for the agreed fee. The amounts listed do not include GST.
- No insurance, superannuation and or workers compensation is offered as part of the UNLOCKED program, it is the responsibility of the successful applicants to ensure they are meeting their own personal/business requirements for these considerations.
- Successful applicants will receive clear instructions on invoicing requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete this online document, providing as much information as possible in response to the questions.
If the online form does not meet your access needs, please contact Murray Arts for a word document version.
Applications close on Thursday 13 May 12noon.
For more information and to apply contact:
Murray Arts Inc
0412 126 391
Thanks to all who supported the initiative and congratulations to all the recipients of previous rounds.
Please note that the Murray Arts office & burraja gallery, on Gateway Island, remains closed and the best way to reach out to our team is via phone and email.