CALL OUT FOR THE MURRAY ARTS STRATEGIC ADVISORY COUNCIL (MASAC)
Expressions of interest are invited for positions on the Murray Arts Strategic Advisory Council (MASAC). This is a two-year placement.
The MASAC is an advisory council that has diversity across gender, location, age and cultural background. It sits alongside the Murray Arts Board to guide the direction of the organisation towards achieving its goals.
This is an opportunity to be directly involved in the growth and development of the arts community in the Border and North East Victoria region. All positions on the MASAC are voluntary. The council meets twice a year and is invited to the Murray Arts AGM.
There are 10 positions vacant, 6 representatives from the Murray Arts participating councils (can be councillors, council staff or a community rep) plus 4 industry representatives. The MASAC will be asked to appoint 3 members to the Murray Arts board. Representatives will come from the 6 Local Government Areas of AlburyCity, Greater Hume, Federation, City of Wodonga, Indigo Shire and Towong Shire.
We are looking for community representatives who will:
- Commit to a 2-year (minimum) appointment on the MASAC.
- Attend and actively contribute at the 2 MASAC meetings per year. MASAC members will also be invited to the Murray Arts AGM.
- Follow guidelines set out in Murray Arts Strategic Council Policy.
- Inform Murray Arts about what is happening in their community or organisation.
- Contribute to the programming and strategic direction of Murray Arts.
- Advocate on behalf of Murray Arts.
As a member of the MASAC, your perspective, professional experience and understanding of the local arts and cultural community will inform the direction and growth of Murray Arts.
Applications will close at 5pm, Monday 10 May.
ABOUT MURRAY ARTS
Murray Arts is one of 14 Regional Arts Development Organisations across NSW. We work with the Local Government Areas of AlburyCity, Greater Hume, Federation, City of Wodonga, Indigo Shire and Towong Shire.
We use community cultural development principles to collaborate with individuals, communities and artists to develop and deliver projects which support the identity and growth of our regional communities. We advocate for artists by providing them with creative opportunities to develop their practice and share their arts practice.
Visit murrayarts.org.au for more about what we do.
Expressions of Interest will be assessed by the Murray Arts Board against skills, location and the need for fair and diverse representation from all backgrounds.
Please submit a short CV outlining relevant experience and a cover letter that answers the following questions:
- Your name.
- Organisation Name (if not applying as an individual).
- Location and Local Government Area/s.
- Age range (20s / 30s / 40s / 50s/ 60+).
- Cultural background: do you identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, or from a particular CaLD (culturally and linguistically diverse) background?
- What skills and strengths do you feel you will bring to Strategic Advisory Council?
Expressions of Interest must be received by 5pm, Monday 10 May, 2021.
Email your EOI to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
Tahni Froudist, Chairperson, Murray Arts Board on 0402 602 208.
Email enquiries: email@example.com